SANTA CLAUSE IS COMING TO TOWN!! It’s December, Christmas is round the corner and it’s bloody cold outside. What can be better than snuggling up in your jim jams with a steaming cup of hot cocoa (the answer is nothing).
The following recipe is for a large batch of hot chocolate for the family or friends (around 4 people, depending on the size of your mugs). However, you can just as easily store the hot chocolate mix in a jar and add to your milk whenever you fancy a mug of choc. You could also make it as a DIY christmas gift, just pop it in a jar with a cute little bow!
We have added a little cinnamon to our hot chocolate mix to give it that little touch of heat and make it extra Christmassy, however if you don’t want any cinnamon in your hot choccy just leave it out, or use less!
- 50g dark chocolate, finely grated
- 50g milk chocolate, finely grated
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp horlicks
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 litre milk
- Mix together all the dry ingredients together, including the grated chocolate.
- Bring the milk to a steady simmer and add the hot chocolate mix and whisk until all the chocolate is incorporated.
- Leave to bubble for a few minutes, letting your hot chocolate thicken slightly.
- Pour into mugs & serve with your favourite toppings.
We added cream, marshmallows, sprinkles, caramel sauce and even made some yummy mug cookies to go on the side of our mugs out of our sugar cookie recipe.
Jazz it up with whatever you fancy! Try and fit as much chocolate related items on top and you’ll be good to go.