Behold! The Oreo Millionaires Shortbread, you saw it here first… And it’s quite possibly the greatest invention ever.
We aren’t saying we invented it, it may have been done before (we haven’t seen it), but either way it is incredible! And whoever likes oreos and caramel should make it… So thats everyone right?
The base is made of crushed oreo, a bit like a cheesecake base, but with a little melted butter and flour to make it slightly more substantial – we need the base to be able to hold the caramel and be cut up into squares.
Next we covered the baked oreo layer with a thick layer of sticky salted caramel, the same recipe we used for our caramel brondies, except we let this cook longer to make the caramel set hard enough to keep form in squares.
Then on the top is a layer of milk chocolate, and of course, more oreos! Please & Thank you.
- 2 packs of Oreos
- 90g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 200g milk chocolate
- handful of crushed Oreos
- Take the 2 packs of oreos and blitz them into a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Combine with the melted butter & flour, and tip into a 9x9" pan.
- Spread out evenly then press down so it is firmly packed, bake at 180C for 10 mins, leave to cool.
- On a low heat put all the ingredients apart form the salt into a heavy based saucepan
- Allow the butter to melt and keep giving it a stir, it will catch on the bottom very easily.
- Your caramel will become a nice golden brown colour this may take a while, but you want the colour of your caramel to be a really deep brown, this way you will ensure your caramel is going to set well like toffee, the caramel will bubble and reduce and start to look thicker.
- Stir in the salt and pour on top of the oreo base, tap the tin on the surface to allow it to cover evenly and set in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or bain marie.
- Pour this over the caramel layer and spread out using the same method.
- Sprinkle crushed oreos over the top whilst the chocolate is still liquidy.
- Allow to set in the fridge or a cool place for a few hours before removing from the pan and cutting into squares.
So there you have it, Oreo millionaires shortbread, and it you thought our Creme Egg Millionaires Shortbread couldn’t get any better… TRY THESE!
The best part of these is that they’re SUPER easy to make, they don’t take any skill, so if you’re a baking novice they you won’t have any problems, just follow the recipe and impress all your friends & family.