Yes it’s more easter related baking, but today we’ve combined brownies with Mini Eggs and you’d have to be mad to complain about that!
This is our favourite brownie recipe as it makes yummy gooey brownies, and the mini eggs mixed through the mixture serve as delicious chocolate chips (feel free to add extra chocolate chips if you like).
- 170g butter
- 280g caster sugar
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 250g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 180g Mini Eggs, crushed
- Melt the butter, golden syrup and the dark chocolate in a pan on a medium heat, leave to cool slightly
- In a stand mixer or with an electric whisk, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla essence and salt
- Mix in the melted chocolate mixture until fully combined and then add the cocoa and flour
- Once they are mixed in, add in 150g of the mini egg pieces and mix until they are evenly dispersed
- Pour the mixture into a lined 9x9" tin and spread out evenly. Scatter over the rest of the mini egg pieces.
- Bake at 175C for 25-30mins, leave to cool before cutting into squares
You can also use this recipe to make creme egg brownies, it’s the one we use when whipping up a batch (which is very often…) Just instead of (or as well as) mixing through the mini eggs, cut in half and freeze your creme eggs, then place on top of the mixture before baking.