As some of you may remember, in the midst of our Glastonbury excitement we made some Ultimate Rice Crispy Treats, so now in the midst of excitement for christmas we’ve gone and made some festive ones, made with white chocolate and different (christmassy) treats inside.
These are just as customisable as our regular rice crispy treats but we chose to put mini marshmallows and m&ms for a bit of colour inside ours (and, lets face it, they taste great too…). We always find it best to try and get a mixture of textures in the different things you add in, like the squidgy-ness of the marshmallows. We also added a key food group (as taught to us by buddy the elf) candy canes! All crushed up with some mixed into the treat and a coating of them on top too. Buddy was our inspiration for this sugary creation.
Buddy the Elf, what’s your favourite colour?!?!
- 250g Rice Crispies
- 500g White Chocolate
- 25g Butter
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 100g Marshmallows
- 100g m&ms (or whatever else you fancy)
- 3-4 Candy canes (crushed)
- Sprinkles and edible glitter for decoration
- Melt 400g of the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Once fully melted start incorporating the rice crispies gradually.
- After about half the rice crispies have been mixed in, add in the golden syrup.
- Continue adding in the rice crispies until the are all combined.
- Add in the marshmallows and the m&ms and mix again until spread evenly through the mixture.
- Spoon the chocolatey goodness into a lined baking tray (we used 2 9x13" ones) and pat down so the mixture is evenly spread and compacted in the tins.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle over the crushed candy canes, and as much sprinkles and glitter as you'd like we also added a few white chocolate buttons.
- Allow to set in a cool place, once completely set remove from the tins and cut up into squares.
No rice crispy treat of ours would be complete without a healthy dose of edible glitter and sprinkles on top and these ones are no different! And we’re calling these christmas treats but nothings stopping you from making them whenever you please, we certainly will be!